Wednesday 18 April 2012

Happy.


I’m a happy bunny today. I discovered that my hair is now long enough to make into plaits. Good, old-school plaits. I now look like a WW2 evacuee with an education.

It reminds me of when I was younger and my year 6 teacher used to hold onto my plaits and pretend she was driving a motorbike. I guess using them as handles would be quite useful if you had to urgently jump onto the back of a plait-haired person who had suddenly been blinded by a rogue jam-attack and guide them to safety away from the ravenous darkness of the cavernous ravine of DOOM…

Alternatively, plaits are also useful if the crimper you bought in 1997 has been lost or given up the ghost.

In primary school, I used to plan out all the possible ‘’do’s I could make for myself. I drew them all out in diagram form and made meticulous notes on which was suitable for which day. At the time I thought I was the trend setter, the envy of my classmates, an enigma which awed my teachers with the ribbons in my hair, glittery striped tights and Dr Martin shoes. Now, with humility, I realise I just looked like I’d been assaulted by Lady GaGa's Christmas Tree.

Anyway, I think I should buy some decorative ribbons, or those hairbands with the oversized poms-poms on in offending shades of pre-teen lilac or pink to complete my new look. Or the giant zebra (not zebra print actually a small zebra) bobble I wore in my year 7 photo- you can see one black and white leg posing just behind my ear.

Now it’s time to relive the glory of those past good old days. YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment