Sunday 27 November 2011

1: Manscaping

Greetings Bloggers. I need your advice.
My boyfriend keeps pestering to let him recommence ‘manscaping’. Manscaping, a term he believes he has coined, involves pruning of the male pubic area to something more comparable to the uniform height of a suburban hedge.
Now, I do not confess to be any huge fan of hairy men. This boyfriend is the first to be particularly furry and I have learnt to adapt. It has its benefits (I suppose) and has lead to affectionate cringe-inducing nicknames of the bear variety.
However, said Bear recently announced to me that he was very proud of the fact that his chest hair now meets his stomach hair because it is “like two great civilisations coming together”, with the patch above his navel designated “the embassy”. The small patch of hair he has developed on his upper back has been outlawed, and various sanctions including plucking will soon be enforced. The growth of chest and facial hair is subject to much applause but anything ‘down-below’ is subject to restrictive grooming- surely this deferential treatment is, in the least, unfair?
Is it wrong for me to think this is completely bizarre- was I wrong to ban him from doing it? Perhaps it is my desire more rugged men but perhaps this is some innate warning system causing me to act before he turns to shaping himself to suit particular occasions (a Santa hat for Christmas? a loveheart for Valentines?) or, unspeakably, turning to the male version of vajazzling?!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow.. your man sounds VERY hairy! I'm glad you have forbidden the patch of fur on his lower back, that is just a bit too much for any girl to handle

    as for this manscaping business, I think I need a bit more detail.. is he plannign to just have a trim or is he ACTUALLY considering shapes such as trees and cups of tea? Because that is just wrong.

    Either way, you're the one that looks at him, just make sure he knows you won't be happy if he shapes himself into a cupcake 'down there'

    Love your blog and have added you to my reading list. really hope you update again soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte! Thank you for becoming a follower :)

    In all fairness to him, he's not TOO hairy. As in, we wouldn't risk him being shot down as a yeti if went for a walk in the woods.

    I don't think he's actually considering shapes... at least not that he's admitted to! Just a trim I think... like a short back and sides?!

    Amy.

    ReplyDelete